Sunday, January 27, 2008

Where do I start?










I know, I know…I took it back. For those of you who are wondering who I am, Rashanda and I were close friends in High School. She was “Butta” and I was “Big Rib”.

Don’t ask why they gave me that name?!@

Thirteen years have passed and I have memories of sleepovers at the Lee, partyin’ hard at the Icebox, making our way to the Ritz, plottin’ on our boyfriends, talking about the cheerleaders on the other team, eating conch fritters in the Bahamas, getting tatted up in Can Cun, and of course Rashanda crying on my shoulder:-) (You know I didn't mind).

Rashanda, I am not going to repeat what everyone has already said but I do want to say Congratulations and I wish you a BLESSED life with this child and many more, well at least one more to come :-). I know that this came as a shock for you, but who knew a child that is not even here could add so much joy to your life. I know you are filled with lots of happy thoughts and like your mom said hold on to all the memories that Baby R has in store for you and Rodney. What can I say…ready or not, motherhood is about to change your life for the BEST! I look at my son and I still can’t believe God trusted me enough to take care of this child. But I am thankful that he did because he has added a new meaning to the words BLESSED and THANKFUL! Baby R is lucky to have you as a mom and Rodney I haven't met you but if Rashanda likes you I'm sure you'll make a great father. I want you to know that although things have not been like they once were I am here for you and I am very proud of you!