Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Miss_Es...Boots for the lil' Baby!



Many of you all do not know me, however Mook & Butta know that I am an emotional one! I have just taken the moment to read through the posted blogs & of course the one that caught my attention was the very last one...tears & all. There will be a Baby Butta! Honey, congrats and nothing but blessings unto you & your princess...because we know she will be just that, a "STAR"!!!

Thank you for including me in the blogging experience. I have utmost faith that you will shower your child with all of the positive energy that fills you, but most importantly the passion & love that pours from your being! Yet again, I look up to you.

I sent this to KJ a while ago, but will post here too. Though I'm far from being a Mommy, I'm a very much involved Aunty & Godmommy. I was blessed & so very fortunate to be involved in the pregnancy experience of my sister and cousin. More so, the greatest gift that anyone can have is witnessing the birth of a child. I was present for both births. The most amazing and surreal moment was when I held my Goddaughter minutes after her Daddy helped clean her up. It was at that moment that I learned how pure and unconditional love felt... I've witnessed and felt the joys & hardships of raising/loving a child. When you're open to learning & allow yourself to join forces with a loving TEAM, it's very do-able. You've always had a village Ms. Butta', now your little will be blessed with her own.

Excerpt taken from author Iyanla Vanzant's book Faith in the Valley

"Loving a child and raising a child are two completely different things. Loving a child means learning how to nurture, teach, and guide. It means being free to let your child know who you are, how you feel, and what you need. Love requires truth, not just sheltering, protecting, or providing. Love means some fun, some pain, some joy, some tears, and absolutely no guarantees.

Raising
a child means learning tolerance, patience, acceptance, and forgiveness. It means learning how to teach responsibility, accountability, and dependability. Raising a child requires discipline and obedience, practicing it and teaching it. It means keeping your eyes and your mind open to all things, under all circumstances. Raising a child requires trust, of yourself to do the right thing and of your child to get it…eventually.

Many of us love our children so much we forget to raise them. We forget they can see and think and feel. We forget they can fall and get up, with or without our help. We love them because we are afraid to lose them. Yet, we lose them because we forget to raise them.

-I must love my child enough to raise an adult."